Sunday, December 14, 2008

BBST and me

I haven’t updated this blog in a while but with good reason. I have been sharpening my testing skills by participating in Black Box Software Testing (BBST) online course offered through the Association for Software Testing.

Cem Kaner is the lead instructor and main developer of the course. The BBST Foundations course is an introduction to the BBST series of courses that will eventually be offered through an online format.

If you want to have a consciousness-raising experience in the area of software testing you should take the BBST Foundations course. If you want to be challenged like you have never been challenged before by any other structured learning experience you should take the BBST Foundations course.

The subjects covered seem at first glance easy and maybe rudimentary. Now that I have completed the course I have a new appreciation of the richness of the material covered. I hope to express my thoughts about the material over the next few posts.

I will caution you that is a serious course that requires a substantial time commitment. For me it was very difficult to engage fully during the week. I had to schedule a few hours away from my day job to finish key assignments. My point is that this course does take time (they recommend 8 hours a week) and the deadlines are unforgiving. The instructor(s) spend as much if not more time administering the course so they expect students to put in the necessary time.

In my next post I will address the first topic of the BBST where the learning objectives and key terms are discussed.

In the meantime, sign up for the BBST if you have the time and want to participate in this exciting, new, and innovative learning endeavor.

1 comment:

TestWithUs said...

SWIFT Interview questions on

http://testwithus.blogspot.in/p/swift.htm

For selenium solution visit
http://testwithus.blogspot.in/p/blog-page.html

For QTP interview questions

http://testwithus.blogspot.in/p/qtp-questions.html

www.searchyourpolicy.com